Regulatory - Federal Government Sites:
The White House
United States Department of Energy
Department of Energy National Transportation Program
Department of Energy Transportation External Coordination Working Group
Department of Energy Nevada Operations Office
Department of Energy Office of Scientific & Technical Information
Department of Energy NEPA Web Site
Department of Energy Foreign Research Reactor Spent Fuel Program
Department of Energy Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP)
Yucca Mountain Project
Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
Regional Web Sites
- Belgium - Belgian Nuclear Research Centre The Belgian Nuclear Research Centre is a federal organization for scientific research in the field of safe and peaceful applications of nuclear energy for industrial and medical use.
- Norway - Current policy issues in Norway
- Canada - Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) AECL is a leading vendor of nuclear power reactors, engages in a wide range of R&D activities and provides nuclear engineering products and services to customers world-wide in nuclear and related industries.
- Finland - Posiva Posiva's task is the practical implementation of the society's decisions related to nuclear waste management.
- France - National Radwaste Management Board (ANDRA) The missions of ANDRA are the planning and inventory of all forms of radwaste on French territory and the management of short-life and long-life nuclear waste.
- Germany - DBE DBE constructs and operates Federal facilities for radioactive waste final disposal.
- Spain - ENRESA ENRESA's mission is to manage the radioactive wastes generated in Spain.
- Sweden - Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company (SKB) SKB is responsible for dealing with the management and disposal of the radioactive waste from the nuclear power plants and from hospitals, industries and research institutions.
- Switzerland - National Cooperative for the Disposal of Radioactive Waste (Nagra) The aim of Nagra is to prepare the technical and scientific basis for safe management of radioactive waste.
- United Kingdom - Nirex Nirex was set up to examine safe, environmental and economic aspects of deep geological disposal. It deals with intermediate-level waste, which accounts for the majority of radioactive waste currently in storage, and also with some low-level waste.
- International Atomic Energy Agency - (IAEA) The IAEA serves as the world's central intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical co-operation in the nuclear field, and as the international inspectorate for the application of nuclear safeguards and verification measures covering civilian nuclear programmes.
- Nuclear Energy Agency - (NEA) The mission of the NEA is to assist its Member countries in maintaining and further developing, through international co-operation, the scientific, technological and legal bases required for the safe, environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
Nuclear Energy Today: Second edition
Read the report
The Economics of Long-term Operation of Nuclear Power Plants
Read the report
The Supply of Medical Radioisotopes: Market Impacts of Converting to Low-enriched Uranium Targets for Medical Isotope Production
Read the report
Nuclear Energy and Renewables: System Effects in Low-carbon Electricity Systems